TOWN NEWS from the Claresholm Local Press December 4, 2013 HERE.
- December 4, 2013 NEW TOWN COUNCIL would like your input! Your new Council is looking to make a positive impact on Claresholm’s future. They greatly value your input, so they have a four point anonymous survey they would like residents and businesses to complete. You can print a HARD COPY of the survey, complete it, and drop it off at the Town Office, Aquatic Centre or Public Library. These locations also have printed copies for you to complete if you rather. To complete an online copy of the survey: Residents click HERE, Businesses click HERE.
Town Council appreciates your time and cooperation, and looks forward to hearing from you. Deadline to complete surveys is January 15, 2014.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS – Safety Codes Administration & Service – Regulatory & Property Services Department. Please see HERE for more information.
- A Bowling Alley and Family Fun Centre in Claresholm? Claresholm & District FCSS is trying to get funding! You can help by voting for this idea on Facebook, or by following this link: www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf17034. For more information, please contact FCSS at (403) 625-4417. **UPDATE** We made it to the semi-finals!! Voting starts December 2nd. Let’s make this one count. Please encourage all your friends and family to vote too!
- Recycling Survery results were presented to Claresholm Town Council at their regular meeting on September 24th and are available to view on the Utilities page HERE. Thank you to everyone for your responses! The survey’s information is very worthwhile as the Town continues to enhance the program.
- On Monday, September 23rd, the Town of Claresholm held an Open House at the Community Centre to discuss the Water and Wastewater Rate Studies that were just completed by Aquatera Utilities Inc. These studies were done to help identify the costs associated with operating the two systems using full cost accounting, and to utilize the revenue requirements to develop rate structure options for the two systems. Please see the Town’s Utilities page HERE for more information and copies of the studies.
- The Town of Claresholm was part of a pilot project with the AUMA (Alberta Urban Municipalities Association) regarding municipal water systems: “AMSC Water Loss Control Pilot Project“. A copy of the final report is available HERE.
- Claresholm residents need to be careful when using backyard fire pits. Please read more HERE.
- 2013 Gopher Bait Station Program – The Town is attempting to minimize the number of badgers moving into our parks and open-spaces by reducing the number of gophers in these areas for the badgers to feed on. Town Parks Staff will be putting out gopher bait stations in many areas of the community, including the off-leash dogs areas and want to inform dog owners so they can monitor their dogs when off-leash. The bait stations will be clearly marked; however smaller dogs may try and get at the bait to eat it, so owners need to be vigilant in all areas of the community, particularly when your dog is in off-leash areas. The bait stations will be used in the spring months. Please contact the Town Office at (403) 625-3381 with any questions or concerns regarding this program. You can view a map of the off-leash areas HERE.
- Elected Officials Education Program has been providing municipally elected officials in Alberta quality professional development opportunities since 2008. The online curriculum is now open to the general public to allow individuals interested in running for election to gain the skills necessary for the important role. Please read the information HERE and consider learning more about municipal office.
- 2011 CENSUS FOR CANADA was released to the public on February 8, 2012. Claresholm’s population grew from 3,700 in 2006 to 3,758 in 2011. For more information regarding the census, please go to their website HERE. For more information on Claresholm specifically, please view the webpage HERE. To learn more about how to manipulate the data and compare our community with others, please read the information HERE.
- Burial information for Claresholm and area is now available online! The Canadian Headstones website is very informative. Please visit the link for our area HERE. For further information, please contact the Town Office.
The Town of Claresholm offers a tax installment payment plan (TIPP) for property owners. Please view all the information on the Assessment and Tax Information webpage HERE.
The Town of Claresholm will be accepting payment for utility billings by direct debit using a program called the Utility Payment Plan or UPP. Both commercial and residential customers are invited to sign up at any time during the year using the forms below.