TOWN NEWS from the Claresholm Local Press June 24, 2015 HERE.
- June 26, 2015 – Town of Claresholm Strategic Plan 2015-2018 was approved at the June 22nd Regular Council Meeting. You can read the full document HERE.
- June 3, 2015 – Town of Claresholm employee Jason Hemmaway has achieved CPO (Community Peace Officer) Level 2 from the Alberta Solicitor General’s Office. Congratulations Jason!
- Interested in becoming a member-at-large of the Municipal Planning Commission? Please see the page HERE for more information.
- PRESS RELEASE – May 27, 2015 - New Organizational Structure at the Town of Claresholm. Please see the full release HERE.
- May 11, 2015 – Council passed a motion to accept the new Organizational Structure as presented. You can view it HERE.
- April 28, 2015 – At the last regular meeting of Claresholm Town Council held Monday, April 27, 2015, Council passed a motion to accept the 2015 Operational and Capital Budgets as presented. For a copy of the 2015 Budget, please click HERE.
- April 14, 2015 – At the last regular meeting of Claresholm Town Council held Monday, April 13, 2015, Council passed a motion to accept the audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2014. You can read them in their entirety HERE.
- January 21, 2015 – The Claresholm Community Centre has a new website! http://www.claresholmcommunitycentre.com. For bookings, please email email@example.com or contact the Town of Claresholm Administration Office at (403) 625-3381.
- October 14, 2014 – The Town of Claresholm has received notification from ALTALINK that with continued construction of the South Foothills Transmission Project, there may be some loud explosive sounds in the upcoming weeks. Please see their information HERE.
- FIRE PREVENTION WEEK – October 5 – 11, 2014 - Theme is “Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives – Test Yours Every Month!” Please see Fire Prevention Canada’s website HERE for more information. Todd Buhmiller of Widescreen Media worked with Fire Chief Kelly Starling of the Claresholm Fire Department to produce an informative video about keeping your home safe. You can view it HERE.
- October 1, 2014 – Claresholm Arena ice is now ready for the 2014/2015 season, and we have a new webpage with a calendar of when the ice is in use along with a fee schedule. The Town accommodates local users first, then offers any available time to out-of-town users. Please see our new webpage HERE.
- August 24, 2014 – CKUA Radio did a story about the Claresholm School of Agriculture that was open for 18 years in the early 1900’s. Megan Clark spoke to Museum Executive Director Miranda Grol and local resident Ross Mouser. You can listen to the story HERE.
- July 16, 2014 - CTV Calgary News did a wonderful story on Town of Claresholm employee and resident, Jason Hemmaway, an “Inspiring Albertan”. We are so proud to have Jason as part of our team. You can see the story and video clip HERE.
- June 18, 2014 – 6:35am – The Town of Claresholm declared a State of Local Emergency due to overland flooding. You can see the document HERE.
June 23, 2014 – 10:00am – State of Local Emergency terminated. Please see the document HERE.
To read more about the Overland Flooding Event June 18 -23, 2014, please see the Emergency Page HERE.
- PRESS RELEASE – JUNE 11, 2014 – 8:00am – Effective Immediately
Claresholm Town Council has made a change in Town of Claresholm management staff.
At the June 9th regular meeting, Council passed a motion to revoke the appointment of Ms. Kris Holbeck from the position of Chief Admininstrative Officer (CAO). Mayor Rob Steel requested the vote be recorded, and all members of Council voted in favour.Following the decision, Council also voted unanimously in favour to appoint Mr. Jeff Gibeau, the Manager of Regulatory and Property Services, to the position of Acting Chief Administrative Officer effective immediately.An open competition to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer permanently will occur at a later date.
“We look forward to continuing to provide excellent service to our citizens, move our community forward, and work collaboratively towards reaching the goals we have for the Town’s continued growth and prosperity,” said Mayor Rob Steel.For a pdf copy of the Press Release, please click HERE.
- At the March 10, 2014 Town Council meeting, Council adopted the following as the Town’s Vision: “Claresholm a thriving community offering quality family living that encourages economic prosperity through innovative and progressive thinking.”
- UTILITY BILLING BY EMAIL: Commercial and Residential Customers can now choose to receive their utility billing electronically by email rather than receiving a paper copy, starting with the March/April 2014 billing cycle. Forms were mailed in residential bills on February 28th, but you can also access the form in pdf HERE.
- Recycling Survery results were presented to Claresholm Town Council at their regular meeting on September 24th and are available to view on the Utilities page HERE. Thank you to everyone for your responses! The survey’s information is very worthwhile as the Town continues to enhance the program.
- On Monday, September 23rd, 2013 the Town of Claresholm held an Open House at the Community Centre to discuss the Water and Wastewater Rate Studies that were just completed by Aquatera Utilities Inc. These studies were done to help identify the costs associated with operating the two systems using full cost accounting, and to utilize the revenue requirements to develop rate structure options for the two systems. Please see the Town’s Utilities page HERE for more information and copies of the studies.
- The Town of Claresholm was part of a pilot project with the AUMA (Alberta Urban Municipalities Association) regarding municipal water systems: “AMSC Water Loss Control Pilot Project“. A copy of the final report is available HERE.
- Claresholm residents need to be careful when using backyard fire pits. Please read more HERE.
- Elected Officials Education Program has been providing municipally elected officials in Alberta quality professional development opportunities since 2008. The online curriculum is now open to the general public to allow individuals interested in running for election to gain the skills necessary for the important role. Please read the information HERE and consider learning more about municipal office.
- 2011 CENSUS FOR CANADA was released to the public on February 8, 2012. Claresholm’s population grew from 3,700 in 2006 to 3,758 in 2011. For more information regarding the census, please go to their website HERE. For more information on Claresholm specifically, please view the webpage HERE. To learn more about how to manipulate the data and compare our community with others, please read the information HERE.
- Burial information for Claresholm and area is now available online! The Canadian Headstones website is very informative. Please visit the link for our area HERE. For further information, please contact the Town Office.
The Town of Claresholm offers a tax installment payment plan (TIPP) for property owners. Please view all the information on the Assessment and Tax Information webpage HERE.
The Town of Claresholm will be accepting payment for utility billings by direct debit using a program called the Utility Payment Plan or UPP. Both commercial and residential customers are invited to sign up at any time during the year using the forms below.