TOWN NEWS from the Claresholm Local Press February 15, 2017 HERE.
- January 17, 2017 – Position open for Campground attendant HERE. Position details located HERE.
- July 4, 2016 – the Town of Claresholm is pleased to announce our new Economic Development Officer, Justin Sweeney. Please see the News Release HERE.
- June 27, 2016 – News Release regarding the old Claresholm Elementary School, available HERE.
- May 19, 2016 – “Get to Know our Town” a new brochure about Claresholm, available HERE.
- May 9, 2016 – News Release from the Town of Claresholm regarding the Town’s commitment to emergency response HERE.
- April 14, 2016 – At the last regular meeting of Claresholm Town Council held Monday, April 11, 2016, Council passed a motion to accept the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2015. You can read them in their entirety HERE.
- April 5, 2016 – At the last regular meeting of Claresholm Town Council held Tuesday, March 29, 2016, Council passed a motion to accept the 2016 Operational and Capital Budgets as presented. For the a copy of the 2016 Budget, please click HERE.
- March 31, 2016 – Town of Claresholm Strategic Plan 2016-2019 was approved at the March 29th Regular Council meeting. You can read the full document HERE.
- February 26, 2016 – The Town of Claresholm is thrilled to announce that our application to the Alberta Community Resilience Program has been approved by the Alberta Government for $5,325,030 for stormwater management. The announcement by Premier Rachel Notley was made today in Lethbridge and was attended by Mayor Rob Steel, Councillor Lyal O’Neill, Councillor Jamie Cutler and staff members. Of the seven communities receiving funding, the Town of Claresholm received the most. For a copy of the Fact Sheet, please click HERE. For a copy of the Alberta Government News Release, please click HERE. Special thanks to Associated Engineering in Lethbridge for their hard work in applying for this grant.
- February 8, 2016 – Council passed a motion to accept the new Organizational Structure as presented. You can view it HERE.
- June 3, 2015 – Town of Claresholm employee Jason Hemmaway has achieved CPO (Community Peace Officer) Level 2 from the Alberta Solicitor General’s Office. Congratulations Jason!
- January 21, 2015 – The Claresholm Community Centre has a new website! http://www.claresholmcommunitycentre.com. For bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Town of Claresholm Administration Office at (403) 625-3381.
- FIRE PREVENTION WEEK – October 5 – 11, 2014 – Theme is “Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives – Test Yours Every Month!” Please see Fire Prevention Canada’s website HERE for more information. Todd Buhmiller of Widescreen Media worked with Fire Chief Kelly Starling of the Claresholm Fire Department to produce an informative video about keeping your home safe. You can view it HERE.
- August 24, 2014 – CKUA Radio did a story about the Claresholm School of Agriculture that was open for 18 years in the early 1900’s. Megan Clark spoke to former Museum Executive Director Miranda Grol and local resident Ross Mouser. You can listen to the story HERE.
- July 16, 2014 – CTV Calgary News did a wonderful story on Town of Claresholm employee and resident, Jason Hemmaway, an “Inspiring Albertan”. We are so proud to have Jason as part of our team. You can see the story and video clip HERE.
- June 18, 2014 – 6:35am – The Town of Claresholm declared a State of Local Emergency due to overland flooding. You can see the document HERE.
June 23, 2014 – 10:00am – State of Local Emergency terminated. Please see the document HERE.
To read more about the Overland Flooding Event June 18 -23, 2014, please see the Emergency Page HERE.
- PRESS RELEASE – JUNE 11, 2014 – 8:00am – Effective Immediately
Claresholm Town Council has made a change in Town of Claresholm management staff.
At the June 9th regular meeting, Council passed a motion to revoke the appointment of Ms. Kris Holbeck from the position of Chief Admininistrative Officer (CAO). Mayor Rob Steel requested the vote be recorded, and all members of Council voted in favour. Following the decision, Council also voted unanimously in favour to appoint Mr. Jeff Gibeau, the Manager of Regulatory and Property Services, to the position of Acting Chief Administrative Officer effective immediately. An open competition to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer permanently will occur at a later date.
“We look forward to continuing to provide excellent service to our citizens, move our community forward, and work collaboratively towards reaching the goals we have for the Town’s continued growth and prosperity,” said Mayor Rob Steel.For a pdf copy of the Press Release, please click HERE.
- At the March 10, 2014 Town Council meeting, Council adopted the following as the Town’s Vision: “Claresholm a thriving community offering quality family living that encourages economic prosperity through innovative and progressive thinking.”
- UTILITY BILLING BY EMAIL: Commercial and Residential Customers can now choose to receive their utility billing electronically by email rather than receiving a paper copy, starting with the March/April 2014 billing cycle. Forms were mailed in residential bills on February 28th, but you can also access the form in pdf HERE.
- Recycling Survery results were presented to Claresholm Town Council at their regular meeting on September 24th and are available to view on the Utilities page HERE. Thank you to everyone for your responses! The survey’s information is very worthwhile as the Town continues to enhance the program.
- On Monday, September 23rd, 2013 the Town of Claresholm held an Open House at the Community Centre to discuss the Water and Wastewater Rate Studies that were just completed by Aquatera Utilities Inc. These studies were done to help identify the costs associated with operating the two systems using full cost accounting, and to utilize the revenue requirements to develop rate structure options for the two systems. Please see the Town’s Utilities page HERE for more information and copies of the studies.
- The Town of Claresholm was part of a pilot project with the AUMA (Alberta Urban Municipalities Association) regarding municipal water systems: “AMSC Water Loss Control Pilot Project“. A copy of the final report is available HERE.
- Claresholm residents need to be careful when using backyard fire pits. Please read more HERE.
- Elected Officials Education Program has been providing municipally elected officials in Alberta quality professional development opportunities since 2008. The online curriculum is now open to the general public to allow individuals interested in running for election to gain the skills necessary for the important role. Please read the information HERE and consider learning more about municipal office.
- 2011 CENSUS FOR CANADA was released to the public on February 8, 2012. Claresholm’s population grew from 3,700 in 2006 to 3,758 in 2011. For more information regarding the census, please go to their website HERE. For more information on Claresholm specifically, please view the webpage HERE. To learn more about how to manipulate the data and compare our community with others, please read the information HERE.
- Burial information for Claresholm and area is now available online! The Canadian Headstones website is very informative. Please visit the link for our area HERE. For further information, please contact the Town Office.
The Town of Claresholm offers a tax installment payment plan (TIPP) for property owners. Please view all the information on the Assessment and Tax Information webpage HERE.
The Town of Claresholm will be accepting payment for utility billings by direct debit using a program called the Utility Payment Plan or UPP. Both commercial and residential customers are invited to sign up at any time during the year using the forms below.